The essence of beginning the home based care was because we realised that the ladies were suffering silently at home with out any support and most of the times they did not have anything to eat, and nobody to help them at home. As a result there was need to come in and filling the gap because this was really letting them down. Hence the beginning of providing for them home based care services.
1. To provide support to the very ill members through the provision of food supplements.
2. To provide care and support to the members through the provision of basic counselling and referrals to those who are terminally ill.
This also began as a result of following up the members after they have been seen through the home based care. And also assessing their situations and critical needs that they may want.
1. To assess the needs of the members
2. To monitor and follow up the members
3. Provide counselling and support to the members